Skip to Main Content


Streatrader is the online registration tool for community groups and businesses selling food from a food stall, truck, van or car. If you sell food from a portable stall, a van, a community hall or other similar sites that you only use occasionally or from a vending machine, you need to submit an application to Council via the Streatrader website. You should allow 21 days for the registration/notification to be processed. You cannot trade until your premises has been registered/notified.

Trading at an Event

If you are already registered as a temporary or mobile food business on Streatrader and want to trade, you are required to submit a Statement of Trade (SOT) on Streatrader 5 days before you operate your business. A SOT is a statement that lets all relevant councils know when you will be operating your temporary or mobile food premises and food vending machines or water transport vehicle in their district, and where.

Food Safety Resources

There is a vast amount of food safety information available from The Department of Health website, including tips for Sausage Sizzles, Cake Stalls as well as a Food Safety Program Template for use by community groups and temporary or mobile food premises.