Our customer commitment
As a Council we exist to serve our community where providing excellent customer service must underpin all that we do.
Our promise to you
To deliver great customer service, our Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers promise to:
- Be friendly and courteous
- Be knowledgeable: we will be experts in our field. Should your request fall outside council’s responsibility, we will pass your request on to the relevant agency.
- Understand your needs: we’ll take the time to listen and understand your issues. We will take action or refer you to the best person to help you.
- Provide timely and accurate information: we will provide accurate responses within a specified timeframe.
- Explain the process: we will tell you what action we will take, how we will act and when it will be done.
- Provide multiple contact channels: there will be a range of channels for you to contact us in a time and way that suits you.
- Be consistent: we will deliver a consistent service across all departments and every contact channel.
- Be accountable: your issue will be owned by a staff member and seen through from start to finish.
- Close the loop: we will let you know the outcome of your enquiry and how a decision was reached.
- We aim to answer your calls within 20 seconds
- We will return phone calls within one working day
- We will respond to all written enquiries received via email, mail, or online within 10 working days of receipt.
Our complaints process
We do our best to resolve complaints within 10 working days. If we cannot resolve your complaint within 10 working days, you will be kept informed of our progress.
You can make a complaint online or:
How you can help us
As a customer of Council, you can help us by:
- Being clear about what you need so we can direct you to a staff member with the relevant experience
- Treating our staff with courtesy and respect
- Providing your current contact details and telling us if they change
- Providing us with feedback.
Our community engagement commitment
We make every effort to be inclusive and provide opportunities for meaningful engagement for all our community.
This is achieved through:
- Providing clear, relevant and timely information
- Engaging our community on issues that affect them
- Offering alternative contacts or resources where an issue is not within our control
- Providing explanations for our decisions and how community feedback influenced the decision
We love feedback
Let us know how we can improve your experience, we'd love to hear from you!
This form is specifically for website feedback. We cannot reply to individual questions. For any enquiries please contact Customer Care.