Report litter and dumped rubbish
Dumping litter and rubbish on public land, including our streets, parks and beaches is illegal and harmful to our wildlife.
Report dumped rubbish
Dumped rubbish includes items such as:
- old furniture
- white goods.
We need your help to keep Kingston clean! Please report dumped rubbish online or call us on 1300 653 356.
If you witnessed the rubbish being dumped, please include as much information as possible with your report, including:
- location of dumped rubbish
- time and date of offence
- vehicle make and registration plates of offender
- type of offender
We are unable to collect the following types of dumped rubbish:
- shopping trolleys
- rubbish strewn from dumped/knocked/blown over household rubbish bins
- liquid waste (paint, oil, chemicals)
- Items that can't be lifted by two people
- items longer than 1,500mm
- waste from building and construction (e.g. concrete, bricks, excavation material, stones, dirt etc)
- tree branches
- trade waste from commercial or industrial premises
- automotive engines, truck and tractor tyres
- unwrapped panels of glass
- gas bottles
- hazardous and/or offensive materials (e.g. asbestos)
If you come across any of the above types of dumped rubbish, please call us on 1300 653 356 or see our A - Z of waste page for more information.
If you see someone littering from a vehicle or near the vehicle they are using, you can make a report to the EPA. For more on reporting litter from vehicles visit the EPA.
You can also report litter and contribute data anytime through the Litterstopper App
To learn more about how you can get involved in litter removal, visit: