Autumn plant giveaway
Council is committed to increasing tree cover and vegetation in the City of Kingston.
Each Autumn, we offer a free plant giveaway, allowing residents to collect up to five free tube stock native plants per household.
How it works
The autumn plant giveaway program is open to all Kingston residents.
Each household can collect 5 free plants (while stock lasts).
You do not need to register. Just attend one of the events listed and bring along your bring proof of address (e.g. a drivers licence, rates notice or utility bill with your address)
We will be giving away approximately 1000 plants at each event. First in, best dressed!
- The Grange Reserve, Clayton South on Saturday 1 April, 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Carrum Indigenous Nursery on Friday 28 April, 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Kingston Heath Reserve on Saturday 29 April, 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Carrum Indigenous Nursery on Tuesday 2 May, 9.00am - 1.00pm
For further enquiries, please contact Customer Care on 1300 653 356.
How many plants can I collect?
You can collect up to 5 tube stock plants per household
What types of plants are available?
You can select from a range of native trees, shrubs, grasses and groundcovers.
The types of plants we’ll have on offer will include:
- Coast Banksia (Banksia integrifolia)
Small and Medium Trees
- Lightwood (Acacia implexa)
- Silver Banksia (Banksia marginata)
- Black She-oak (Allocasuarina littoralis)
- Sweet Bursaria (Bursaria spinosa)
Medium and Large Shrubs
- Prickly Moses (Acacia verticillata)
- Yellow Hakea (Hakea nodosa)
- Heath Tea-tree (Leptospermum myrsinoides)
- Burgan (Kunzea leptospermoides)
- Hop Goodenia (Goodenia ovata)
- Showy Bossiaea (Bosseaea cineria)
- Coast Daisy-bush (Olearia axillaris)
- Common Correa (Correa reflexa)
Graminoids, Lilies and Irises
- Flax Lily (Dianella spp.)
- Long Purple Flag (Pattersonia occidentalis)
- Kangaroo Grass (Themeda triandra)
- Knobby Club Rush (Ficinia nodosa)
Groundcovers, Climbers and Wildflowers
- Running Postman (Kennedia prostrata)
- Australian Storks-bill (Pelargonium australe)
- Purple Coral Pea (Hardenbergia violacea)
I am not a Kingston resident. Can I collect 5 plants?
No, the plant giveaway is available to Kingston residents only. You will need to provide proof of address at the event. Proof of address can be a drivers licence, rates notice or utility bill with your address written on it.
When and where do I collect my free plants from?
Plants to be collected from:
- The Grange Reserve, Clayton South on Saturday 1st April from 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Carrum Indigenous Nursery on Friday 28th April from 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Kingston Heath Reserve on Saturday 29th April from 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Carrum Indigenous Nursery on Tuesday 2nd May from 9.00am - 1.00pm
I am part of a community group. Can we collect plants for our group?
This plant giveaway is for residents only. You can contact council if you have any specific enquiries about plants for community groups.