Our local laws allow the use of backyard fire pits in Kingston.
If you enjoy a fire pit in your backyard, please consider fire safety and minimise any impacts on your neighbours who may have sensitivity to smoke.
If using a backyard fire pit, precautions to keep in mind include:
- Fires may only be lit in a barbecue, pizza oven or manufactured fireplace (such as a brazier, chimenea or fire pit).
- A fire must never be left unattended.
- Make sure that everyone is safe around the fire.
- Do not let the fire spread beyond the fireplace.
- Do not burn dangerous or hazardous material, for example painted timbers, plastic, chemicals, waste.
- If an Authorised Officer directs you to extinguish your backyard fire then you must put it out immediately.
This form is specifically for website feedback. We cannot reply to individual questions. For any enquiries please contact Customer Care.