Domestic animal permits

A Domestic Animal Business Permit is required from Council if you wish to conduct any of the following businesses within Kingston:

  • pet shop
  • boarding establishment for cats or dogs
  • breeding and rearing establishment for cats and dogs
  • dog training establishment
  • animal shelter.

New Permit Applications

You need to get a Domestic Animal Business permit before starting your business. Visit Agriculture Victoria for more information.

Apply online

Permit renewal

Domestic Animal Business Permits are renewed on April 10 each year, an annual inspection is required prior to permits being reissued.

Renew a permit online