For emergency assistance in times of flooding contact the Victoria State Emergency Services (SES) on 132 500
Flooding may arise for many different reasons:
- Blocked or damaged pits and drains
- Poor private drainage
- Severe weather events including really heavy rainfall
We look after Council drains and manage flooding from these drains in Kingston.
Melbourne Water takes care of flooding if it occurs from a main drain, river or creek.
The Department of Transport manages flooding and drains along main roads.
Who is responsible for a flooding incident?
- Internal drainage issues (within private property) – the property owner
- Stormwater outlet from your property boundary to the kerb and channel (street) – the property owner
- Main drains, rivers and creeks – Melbourne Water
- Flooding of roads, footpaths and nature strips – Council
Download our flooding fact sheet(PDF, 565KB) for more information.
Report a flood
If there is flooding from Council's drainage system, you can report a flooding incident using our form below.
You may need to also request drain cleaning or report a damaged drainage pit.
Click here to view form.