Join our team
View our current job opportunities
Work with us
Kingston employs around 1,500 people in a range of positions, including:
- customer service
- community and aged services
- family and children’s services
- youth work
- sport and recreation
- open space
- property management
- information specialists
Are you interested in caring for children, but would you like to set your own hours and run your business from your own home?
Family Day Care might be the perfect fit for you. Our educators are independent contractors registered with the City of Kingston to provide care and education for children in a safe and stimulating home environment.
Read more about Family Day Care
Community Inspired Leadership
Community Inspired Leadership is our values framework that demonstrates our focus on delivering excellent service and benefit to the community.
The six key values underpinning Community Inspired Leadership are:
- future orientated
- community centric
These values guide our behaviours and inform the skills, abilities and knowledge that are needed to perform our roles well.
Diversity and inclusion
Kingston’s Diversity and Inclusion Program offers advocacy and education for our teams. The program also provides a safe accessible space for Kingston employees to be themselves.
To achieve a more diverse and inclusive workplace, we use a multifaceted, collaborative approach drawing upon the skills, experiences, and abilities of staff, as well as research and best practice techniques including:
- Building staff skills through training opportunities, education, and awareness campaigns.
- Ongoing study of Council Policies and actions to ensure barriers, biases and potential discrimination are found and corrected.
- Hosting internal events that recognise and celebrate key dates.
- Providing flexible working arrangements to help people to balance work responsibilities with family and lifestyle needs.
- Committing to fairness, diversity and respect as a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer. Council will give consideration to any reasonable specific adjustments necessary to the workplace to accommodate a staff member with a disability.
Child safe standards
Kingston is proud to be a child-safe organisation.
We are committed to ensuring no child is harmed by staff, volunteers, or work experience students. This is required by the Victorian Government’s Child Safe Standards.
View our Child Safe Standards policy for more information.
- work remotely
- accrued days off
- leave options
- competitive salary
- internal job opportunities and career progression
- superannuation co-contributions
- childcare (pre-tax).
Learning and development:
- achievement and development programs
- eLearning academy
- systems training
- leadership programs
- education assistance
- service and achievement awards
- organisation induction.
Health and wellbeing:
- myWellbeing, a structured health and wellbeing education program for building our workplace health
- activities, workshops and resources
- employee assistance program
- Kingston Active membership discounts
- employee immunisations
- access to the local government employees health plan
- discounted health insurance
- social club.
All current vacancies, position descriptions and job applications are managed through our online portal.
We receive many applications for our positions, and our recruitment process can take up to four weeks.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
We follow the principles of equal employment opportunity and employment decisions. This means we only assess what is relevant to the position you have applied for, including:
- work performance
- personal qualities
Stage 1: Short listing
After the closing date, all applications are reviewed.
You must meet the selection criteria to proceed to the next stage. If you do, we will contact you if you been shortlisted for the next stage.
Stage 2: Initial screening
Phone, or video interviews may be conducted as part of the initial screening process.
Stage 3: Interviews
Interviews are conducted by an expert panel where you will be provided an opportunity to speak about your experience and skills, and answer some behavioural questions. This is to assess your suitability to the role.
Stage 4: Employment assessments
You will need to supply any qualifications or licences relevant to the role.
External applicants must supply the contact details for two relevant referees. Internal applicants are to supply the details of one referee.
- National Police Check (fit2work)
- Working With Children Check
- Eligibility to work in Australia check
Eligibility and the right to work in Australia
To work at City of Kingston you must:
- be an Australian citizen, or
- be a permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand, or
- have a valid visa that demonstrates work rights.
For more information view the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Pre-employment medical assessment
- Functional ability assessment
Stage 5: Offer of employment
Successful candidates receive an official letter of offer, viewable in your applicant profile.
Stage 6: Induction
Our organisational induction gives new employees the chance to learn about Kingston’s services, facilities and our unique area, as well as learning about the organisation's overall structure and employee benefits.
Unsuccessful applicants will be advised via email.
We are committed to the protection of your privacy. Your application will be managed in the strictest confidence. By sending your application, you agree that we may use your personal information only for the purpose of processing and reviewing your application. If you are shortlisted for interview, then we perform a reference check. In this case, third parties may be contacted to obtain more information about you.
This form is specifically for website feedback. We cannot reply to individual questions. For any enquiries please contact Customer Care.