Family Day Care is an approved, licensed care and education service, that is provided in the homes of registered and professional Early Childhood Educators. All Educators are overseen by the City of Kingston's highly qualified Early Years staff. Kingston Family Day Care currently provides care and education for more than 500 children across the City of Kingston.
To enrol your child in Family Day Care use our form to apply online.
Are you looking to become a Family Day Care Educator?
Educators are independent contactors registered with Council to provide care and education for children in a safe and stimulating home environment.
Educators receive support from our Family Day Care Coordination Unit in the form of:
- regular home visits
- professional training calendar to update health, safety and child development knowledge
- weekly playgroups conducted by the Coordination Unit, and
- support group with other educators.
People wishing to become a Family Day Care Educator with Kingston Family Day Care require:
- Certificate III in Children Services (working towards)
- a Police Check and Working Children Check for all adults 18 years and over living in the home
- a safe home environment
- public liability insurance
- an assessment of childcare skills, and
- current first aid training including CPR, Asthma management and Anaphylaxis Awareness.
Register your interest in becoming a Family Day Care Educator.
How is Family Day Care different to other types of care?
- Care is provided in the Educator’s home, with a maximum of four preschool age children at any one time
- Some Educators offer care beyond standard hours including before and after school, school holidays, overnight and weekends
- Some Educators can assist with kindergarten pick ups and drop offs
- Our Educators embrace a diversity of languages and cultures to meet the needs of all children
- All Educators homes are checked for safety and all Educators have Working With Children Checks, Police Record Checks and First aid qualifications
Is my child eligible for Family Day Care?
- Children from birth to thirteen years are eligible
- Children in care are provided with rich learning experiences that stimulate their thinking, curiosity and foster their development in a social and secure home environment.
How much does Family Day Care cost?
Kingston Family Day Care sets its hourly rates and fees annually. Rates compare favourably with other child care services.
From 2 July 2018 Child Care Subsidy (CCS) replaces Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR). For further information and to determine your eligibility please check the Department of Education's Child Care Subsidy web page or call Centrelink's Family Assistance Office on 13 61 50.
Family Day Care is an affordable childcare option where care is usually charged for the hours you need.
How do I know my child will be receiving the best care?
- Educators base their program around the National Quality Framework, National Quality standards and Education and Care Services National Regulations
- This service is fully licensed and regulated by the Department of Education and Training
- All Educators in our program are overseen by the City of Kingston who offer a range of support services, professional development and resources
- Kingston’s Family Day Care was assessed as Exceeding National Standards by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
Speak to our friendly team for more information on 9581 4852.