Family Day Care is an early childhood education service available to families who live or work in Kingston, provided in the home of a registered Family Day Care Educator.
Care is offered for children from birth to 13 years of age. A maximum of seven children are cared for at a time, with a limit of four preschool aged children.
Some educators offer flexible care arrangements, including:
- outside business hours
- on weekends
- before and after school/kindergarten
- during school holidays 3
Find out more
Speak to our friendly Family Day Care team on 9581 4853 for further information.
Register your child
Submit your application eight weeks before your child needs care.
Register your child for Family Day Care
Family Day Care may be an affordable childcare option. Each Educator sets their own fees and minimum hours.
Parents may be eligible for the Child Care Subsidy (CSS), available through Centrelink. Visit the Services Australia website to find out how you can get help with the cost of childcare
Our Educators are Early Childhood Education & Care professionals who are registered with the City of Kingston to provide care for families that work or live in our the area.
Our skilled and experienced team hold a variety of education qualifications and must have a Working With Children Check, Police Check and First Aid Qualification.
- Educators’ homes meet strict health and safety requirements
- All members of the Educator's homes must also hold WWCC, Police Check
- Education provided is based on the National Quality Framework, National Quality Standards and Education, and Care Services National Regulations
Educators are independent contractors registered with the City of Kingston to provide care and education for children in a safe and stimulating home environment.
Become a Family Day Care educator
Benefits of being a Family Day Care Educator:
- self employed
- flexible hours
- great income
- tax deductions
- look after your own children at the same time
- build strong relationships with families in your community.
Benefits of registering with Kingston:
- support in establishing your business
- all relevant professional development and training is provided
- regular support visits from the Family Day Care Coordinators
- support and mentoring on National Quality Standards, children’s programs, learning environment and professional practice
- access to resources including highchairs, car restraints, strollers, and children’s beds.