About Municipal Emergency Management Planning
The broad objectives of the Municipal Emergency Management Plan are to:
- Implement measures to prevent or reduce the causes or effects of emergencies
- Manage resource allocation in response to emergencies
- Manage the support offered from adjoining municipalities
- Assist the community in recovery efforts.
City of Kingston has responsibility for managing municipal resources and coordinating community support during the response and recovery phases.
- Providing emergency relief to controlling authorities and affected persons during the response phase
- Providing supplementary supply (resources) to control and relief agencies during response and recovery phase
- Providing assistance to agencies during the response to and recovery from emergencies
- Providing an assessment of the impact of the emergency
- Working with the Department of Human Services during response and recovery phase.
For more information contact: 1300 653 356 or email email@example.com
The Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committee Roles and Responsibilities
Municipal Emergency Resource Officer (MERO) Ensure the MEMP Plan is effective and current. Ensure that municipal resources are used effectively in a community emergency, for response and recovery activities. Ensure that appropriate operating procedures and processes are developed, documented and tested by those required to use them during an emergency.
Municipal Recovery Manager (MRM) Coordinate municipal and community resources within the municipality during recovery. Ensure there are adequate staff / volunteer resources for emergency relief centres during the recovery phase.
Municipal Operation Centre Manager (MOC) The MOC Manager will establish an operations centre, to control council resources; including the allocation of equipment, refuelling, recovery and repair.
Municipal Emergency Coordination Centre Manager (MECC) The MECC Manager will coordinate nominated human and material resources within the municipality during emergencies. They also maintain an overall view of the operational activities within the MEMP’s area of responsibility, for records, planning and debrief purposes.