G.R. Bricker Reserve West
GR Bricker Reserve West is a significant sporting and recreation space which is currently utilised by a variety of organised clubs and community users including:
- Moorabbin Little Athletics Club
- Moorabbin Obedience Dog Club
- Omega Cricket Club
- Southern Football Netball League Umpires Association
As part of Council's commitment to improving its open spaces and meet the growing need for improved sport and recreation spaces in the area, we worked with the community and sought consultation to develop a master plan for GR Bricker Reserve.
The master plan, guided by the aims of Council's Public Health and Wellbeing Plan, Open Space Strategy, and Sport and Recreation Strategy, and visions contained in the Australian Government's Sport 2030 - National Sport Plan, will guide future improvements to ensure the reserve continues to meet the needs of the community now and into the future.
To address these needs, the master plan program includes the following future improvements:
- Design and construction of a new sports pavilion and upgraded storage shed
- New improved car parking and vehicle movement and access
- Pedestrian movement including new footpaths, fencing, signage and safety lighting
- Cricket net relocation and renewal with new ports field lighting
- Upgraded play space and outdoor exercise equipment
- Gathering spaces including shelters, tables, seating, BBQs and drinking fountains
- New landscaping and vegetation with potential for stormwater harvesting
The existing facilities including playground, outdoor exercise equipment and the off leash dog area on the eastern side of the reserve will be maintained and available for use throughout the redevelopment.
Rowan Road, Moorabbin 3189 View Map