Skip to Main Content

Building Maintenance

If you have a Reactive Maintenance issue such as a broken window, footpath hazard or graffiti, please contact City of Kingston's Customer Care team on 1300 653 356. Your request will be logged and the relevant area will attend to your issue. Alternatively, you can email

Council's Reactive Maintenance area (Depot) is responsible for maintenance works or damage to Council owned buildings, such as:

  • Broken or damaged windows
  • Graffiti on buildings or public areas
  • Damaged doors, door handles
  • Public toilets
  • BBQ's
  • Door locks
  • Leaking roofs/ceilings
  • Structural issues eg. cracking or loose brick work 
  • Electrical issues eg. fuse boxes, internal switchboards, lights internal/external
  • Flag and flag poles
  • Foreshore
  • Damage to Council fences or gates
  • Dumped rubbish
  • Fallen trees or branches


Maintenance Planning

Council's Maintenance Planning area is responsible for long term planned and scheduled maintenance works, such as:

  • Essential Safety Measures (ESM)
    • Paths of travel for exiting a building safely
    • Exit doors and door furniture
    • Emergency lighting
    • Fire Equipment 
  • Gutter Cleaning Program
  • Painting Program
  • Test & Tag of electrical equipment
  • Annual testing of Safety Switches
  • HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning) maintenance

Red Boxes are found in all Kingston owned buildings and contain information pertaining to ESM for Contractor use. Fire Evacuation Emergency folder may also be found. It is important that this information is not removed or damaged.


Was this page useful?

Please enter the code from the image to continue: *

Related Information