Skip to Main Content


Parking in Kingston

Council is responsible for the distribution of parking permits, the issuing of parking fines and the planning and development of parking policies.

Nobody likes receiving parking infringements, however it is Council's responsibility to ensure the safe and fair use of our roads and parking areas for the benefit of everyone.

Pay a parking fine

Foreshore Parking Permits

The process to obtain a beach/foreshore parking permit is as follows:

  • Attend any of Council’s Customer Care Centres and provide proof of residency (copy of rate note, licence, lease agreement, statutory declaration or utility bill). The Customer Care Officer will then issue a beach parking permit.
  • Make a request in writing (include name and address, and provide proof of residency) either by submitting it in the post to Council or by email. Kingston City Council Po Box 1000 Mentone Vic 3194 or

Permits are valid in the following foreshore carparks only:

  • Aspendale - Gnotuk Avenue
  • Bonbeach - Williams Grove
  • Carrum - Stephens Street, Old Post Office Lane
  • Chelsea - The Beach Way, Victory (The Strand)
  • Mentone - Antibes Street, Dixon Street, Mundy Street, Naples Road
  • Mordialloc - Horse Paddock (Bay Street), Peter Scullin Reserve, Pier Road, Rennison Street

Please note - permits are not valid in Governor Rd (Chute St) carpark, Mordialloc.

Resident Parking Permits


Residents living in streets that have parking restrictions, such as 2-hour or 4-hour parking, could be eligible for Resident Parking Permits. 

We understand that parking can be challenging to find in certain streets within Kingston. We aim to ensure residents are provided with priority to be able to park in their own street in high-traffic areas.

To make the permit system equitable, there are qualifying reasons as to why you may, or may not, be eligible.

Here are some common scenarios to help you determine your eligibility for a parking permit.

Scenario Eligibility

I live in a house on a standard block


Maximum of 2 permits. First permit is free. Second permit is available with a fee of $20

There are 2 houses on one lot where I live


Each house is entitled to a permit at a cost of $20 each

There are 3 or more houses on one block

Not eligible

I live in an apartment over a shop

Not eligible

I need a visitor's permit

Not eligible. Note: our permits are now transferrable between vehicles to meet your needs

Please note: addresses with two dwellings on a lot granted planning advertisement after 28 July 2015 will not be eligible for a permit.

How to apply for a Resident Parking Permit


You can also lodge your application in person at 1230 Nepean Highway, Cheltenham.

Please note:
if you are eligible for more than one permit, you can claim all permits in the one transaction.

The full terms and conditions are available in the Parking Management Policy.

Were you asked to provide further information?

In some circumstances you may be asked to provide evidence that you reside at the address provided so we are able to process your Residential Parking Permit. You only need to provide additional documents if we request them.

Submit your documents

Lost permit

You will need to provide a Statutory Declaration to Council advising that the permit has been lost. Council will cancel that permit number and reissue you with a new permit.

Disabled Parking Permits

To apply for a  Disabled Parking Permit, the resident must attend their Doctor and have the Doctor complete the 'Assessment and Statement' section in the Disabled Parking Permit Application form and submit the completed form to Council. The decision to grant a disabled parking permit, and the type of permit, will be based on the Doctor's assessment.

For an Organisation Disabled Parking Permit, complete and submit the Disabled Parking Permit Application form- Organisation. The Organisation must be within the City of Kingston.

The personal information requested on this form is being collected by Kingston City Council for the purpose of the Disable Parking Permit being correctly issued to an individual or organisation and to ensure the appropriate use of the Disable Parking Permit by an individual or organisation.  Your personal information will not be disclosed to any other external party without your consent, unless required or authorised by law. If you wish to alter or access any of the personal information you have supplied to Kingston City Council, please contact Council via telephone 1300 653 356 or

Disabled parking bays

The City of Kingston has hundreds of specially reserved disabled parking bays.

Download a list of the locations of disabled parking bays

Pay by phone for parking in Kingston

Motorists no longer need coins to pay for parking in Kingston’s beach carparks. Simply register with EasyPark to pay via credit card using any of the following methods:

  • EasyPark Smartphone App
  • Phone EasyPark on 1300 734 070 and follow the prompts.

Paying for parking by phone is quick and simple saving motorists both time and money.

  • no longer need coins to buy a ticket and then display it in the windscreen.
  • only pay for the exact time they park because they can stop the parking session at any time.
  • can simply set an initial parking time, the vehicle registration number, and the area code (found on signs in the car park).
  • will receive an SMS reminder before the parking time expires.
  • can simply extend the parking end-time from where they are without needing to return to the vehicle!
  • can start the parking early in the morning before paid parking commences – the service will only start to charge you when paid parking starts.
  • will not be charged more than the maximum daily fee.
  • can opt to obtain email parking receipts and each parking transaction is stored in the EasyPark account and on the EasyPark App.
  • parking inspectors obtain information in real-time about vehicles that park with EasyPark.

For further information visit

Parking, the law and you - your guide to parking laws in Victoria

Parking, the law and you provides important legal information on parking laws in Victoria.

This booklet from the Victoria Law Foundation explains the most common parking rules and signs. It also tells you what to do if you get a fine, outlines the appeal process and the consequences of not paying a fine. An easy-to-understand guide for anyone owning or driving a car in Victoria.

Download Parking, the law and you