Stormwater connection permits

A stormwater connection permit is required before you connect a private drain into a Council drain. The permit is to ensure the work complies with Council standards.

Your approved plans will show the legal point of discharge where the private drain can connect to Council's stormwater drain, or kerb and channel.

The work must be completed by a licensed plumber to Council's standards.

A Field Officer will inspect the site when open and will need to see the plans when inspecting the connection.

Contact our Customer Care team on 1300 653 356 with at least two days notice to arrange an inspection.

Apply for a stormwater connection permit

Before you apply

Obtain a Dial Before You Dig report for information on the location of underground assets at the worksite. You should locate and prove utility service assets.

You are responsible for managing public safety and reinstating Council assets.  Work in the road reserve may require pedestrian and traffic management. 

Standard drawings