For your rights and responsibilities in relation to state legislation, read the Environment Protection Authority's (EPA) publication Annoyed by noise.

Noisy neighbours

Talking to your neighbour to find a solution often resolves any problem as they may not even be aware their noise is disturbing you.

If speaking to your neighbour has not resolved the issue, you can lodge a complaint online, on 1300 653 356 or

If the noise is happening after hours from people or parties, notify Police at the time of offence.

We can assist with education and strategies for reducing noise and the EPA website also offers advice and solutions.

A free dispute resolution service is available via The Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria (DSCV).