You can also check the waste collection map(PDF, 738KB) for your collection area, then find your bin day on the waste calendars
Household bin collections operate on public holidays and major holiday periods (including Easter, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day).
If the lid or wheels on your bin are damaged, you can have them repaired. If your bin is damaged beyond repair, you can have it replaced.
We can replace or repair the following bin parts:
- the lid of the bin
- the pin that connects your lid to the bin
- the wheels.
You can request a bin repair online.
Your bin is considered damaged beyond repair if:
- the body of the bin is split or has holes
- the base of the bin is broken
- the handle is damaged.
If your bin is damaged beyond repair, request a replacement.
If your bin was missed during collection, report a missed bin online or contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 653 356 within one business day.
Leave your bin out on the nature strip and do not remove it until it has been emptied.
If your bin is missing, report a missing bin online or contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 653 356.
If you are moving into a new house that does not have bins, you can nominate your bin sizes by calling us on 1300 653 356.
To change your current bin size, or to order additional bins please complete the change to domestic waste service bins form(PDF, 285KB).
Council offers a waste collection service to commercial properties such as:
You can apply for a commercial bin by requesting a commercial bin service(PDF, 324KB).
Please note garden waste bins are not available with commercial bin services.
For information about bins for schools, sporting clubs or churches please email email@example.com.
Commercial bin costs
- 120L garbage bin with one collection per week $472.50 per annum (incl GST)
- 240L garbage bin with one collection per week $645.00 per annum (incl GST)
Invoices will be sent directly to the tenant (not the property agent or owner.) Payment options are listed on the invoice. If you do not pay by the due date your bin will be removed without notice.
Taking care of your bin
Please look after your bin and:
- secure the bin where possible
- identify your bin by spraying the street number or company name on the side.
Changes to your bin service
You can complete a commercial waste service agreement form(PDF, 324KB) to make changes to your existing commercial bin service, including:
- changing your bin size
- requesting additional bins
- updating your address (if your business moves within the City of Kingston, take your bins with you)
- cancelling your bin service.