Public question time is an opportunity for members of the public to have questions answered at Council Meetings.
Check the schedule of when Council meets.
Submit a question
Questions must be in writing and can be submitted by either:
- submitting an online question form (below) by 12 noon on the day of a Council Meeting; or
- placing a hard copy question form(PDF, 140KB) in the Question Box in the Council Chamber foyer by 7.30pm on the day of a Council Meeting.
Click here to view form.
Things to remember
- please keep questions brief
- two questions per person are allowed
- the Chairperson has the discretion to decide that questions may be responded to either verbally at the meeting, or later in writing
- if you submit a question, you should attend the meeting for the question to be answered during question time.
- if you are not present, the question will be responded to later in writing.
What happens next?
- your question will read out at the next meeting
- the response to your question will also be read out
- a written response may be provided if the question can’t be answered during the meeting