All dog registrations require proof of microchipping.
You are eligible for a reduced fee if any of the below apply:
- over 10 years old
- kept for working stock
- kept for breeding at licensed premises
- proof of registration with an applicable organisation:
- Dogs Victoria
- Greyhound Racing Victoria
- Master Dog Breeders and Associates
- undergone obedience training approved by:
- Minister for Agriculture and Food Security
- Australian National Kennel Council
Full fees apply if you are not eligible for a reduced fee
||Pension card holders
|Restricted, dangerous or menacing (as declared by Council)
|Registered dangerous as a guard dog or trained in Protective Services
The fee you pay the first time you register your pet depends on when you register. Registration fees will reduce by 25% each quarter after April.
For example, if your dog was eligible for a reduced fee and you registered for the first time in July, you would pay $44.25.