All dog registrations require proof of microchipping.
You are eligible for a reduced fee if any of the below apply:
- over 10 years old
- kept for working stock
- kept for breeding at licensed premises
- proof of registration with an applicable organisation:
- Dogs Victoria
- Master Dog Breeders and Associates
- Responsible Pet Breeders Australia
- undergone obedience training approved by:
- Minister for Agriculture and Food Security
- Australian National Kennel Council
Full fees apply if you are not eligible for a reduced fee
||Pension card holders
|Restricted, dangerous or menacing (as declared by Council)
|Registered dangerous as a guard dog or trained in Protective Services
| Foster care dog
Partial fees and refunds
The fee you pay the first time you register your pet depends on when you register. Registration fees will reduce by 25% each quarter after April.
If you have paid your pet registration, you may request a partial refund if your animal becomes desexed, moves out of Kingston Council or becomes deceased. To request a refund, please email your details, including animal reference number or animal tag number, and BSB and account details to email@example.com. Please note refunds may take 2-4 weeks to be processed.