All dog registrations require proof of microchipping.
You are eligible for a reduced fee if any of the below apply:
- over 10 years old
- kept for working stock
- kept for breeding at licensed premises
- proof of registration with an applicable organisation:
- Dogs Victoria
- Greyhound Racing Victoria
- Master Dog Breeders and Associates
- undergone obedience training approved by:
- Minister for Agriculture and Food Security
- Australian National Kennel Council
Full fees apply if you are not eligible for a reduced fee
||Pension card holders
|Restricted, dangerous or menacing (as declared by Council)
|Registered dangerous as a guard dog or trained in Protective Services
Partial fees and refunds
The fee you pay the first time you register your pet depends on when you register. Registration fees will reduce by 25% each quarter after April.
If you have paid your pet registration, you may request a partial refund if your animal becomes desexed, moves out of Kingston Council or becomes deceased. To request a refund, please email your details, including animal reference number or animal tag number, and BSB and account details to email@example.com. Please note refunds may take 2-4 weeks to be processed.