Free annual hard waste collection
Kingston provides a free hard waste collection for residents who have a domestic garbage service, between September and October each year.
Keep your street tidy by putting items out as close to your collection date as possible.
- You can put out up to 4 cubic metres (4m x1m x1m) which must be stacked neatly on your nature strip.
- Items that are put out after your collection date will not be removed.
- View the Free hard waste collection brochure for further information.
Find your collection date on our map below or download a copy of the hard waste collection map.
Book a hard waste collection
Kingston residents who have a domestic waste service can book a hard waste collection for $62.50 per booking.
Bookings are taken Monday to Sunday for pick up on the following Thursday or Friday. For example, bookings made between Monday 27 April and Sunday 3 May will be collected on Thursday 7 or Friday 8 May.
Please place items on nature strip the night before collection.
- The maximum size of the collection is 2 cubic metres (2m x 1m x 1m) per booking.
- Hard waste must be stacked on your nature strip or within 1m inside the fence line.
- Residents are reminded to donate useful items to their local op shop or charity store or give away items through Facebook marketplace or Gumtree prior to booking a hard waste collection
View the On-call hard waste collection brochure, which includes information on what items are accepted, what won't be collected and other council waste services.
- The following items are not accepted: building materials, renovation materials, tyres, chemicals and items longer than 1.5m in length or over 55kg.
Follow the prompts using our online booking form to submit a request for a hard waste collection.
You will need a valid email address and a contact phone number to complete your booking. Payment is by Visa or Mastercard only.
Book over the phone
To arrange your booked hard waste collection please have your credit card details ready and phone our Customer Care team on 1300 653 356. Payment is by Visa or Mastercard only.
Your rubbish is your responsibility
Any residents placing items on the nature strip without prior Council approval may be treated as having littered and an infringement notice may be issued. Hard waste for the annual collection may only be placed on the nature strip for collection and not within private property, in parklands or on vacant blocks.
Any items placed on the nature strip that are not permitted will be the responsibility of the resident to remove. Fines of up to $322 may be issued for not removing this waste.
Recycle and reuse
For information on where to recycle items such as electronic waste, mattresses, furniture, white goods and more outside of Council’s annual hard waste collection services, please see A to Z of waste disposal or visit Recycling Near You.
If you have unwanted items that are in good condition why not post them for free on websites such as Facebook Marketplace, local Facebook groups, Ziilch, Streetbank or Gumtree and help keep perfectly good stuff out of landfill!