Gas and Fuel Site (Highett Gasworks)
15 January 2018
The Victorian Government is proposing changes to the planning controls that apply to the land at the Gas and Fuel Site (Highett Gasworks) at 1136-1138 Nepean Highway, Highett.
The Department of Treasury and Finance proposes the following changes:
- Retain the current Residential Growth Zone and insert a new Schedule 2, which would contain a maximum building height requirement of 26 metres. The current Schedule 1 of the Residential Growth Zone that applies to the land has a discretionary height control of 13.5 metres.
- Apply Development Plan Overlay Schedule 7.
- Delete the requirements of the Design and Development Overlay Schedule 12 which currently apply to the site.
- Retain the current Environmental Audit Overlay.
- Retain the current Heritage Overlay Schedule 11 which applies to the chimney.
The proposed changes can be viewed on the Victorian Government website planning.vic.gov.au/ftgls. The proposed changes are on exhibition from 15 January to 27 February.
The process for this proposed Planning Scheme Amendment is different from the process usually followed. Due to the land being owned by the Victorian Government, the proposed amendment is being managed by the Fast Track Government Land Service (FTGLS) – a part of the Victorian Government Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.
All submissions must be directed to the Fast Track Government Land Service. For information regarding this process and lodging submissions, please contact the FTGLS on 8683 0950 or email email@example.com.
If you have questions regarding the proposed planning changes please contact Kerrie Scott at the Department of Treasury and Finance on tel; 9651 2106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.