Important COVID-19 Update
During COVID-19, with the closure of restaurants, cafes, and a need to cook more at home, it is even more important to have farm-fresh produce direct from the grower and producer available to the local community. There will a number of rules in place to adhere to social distancing restrictions at Kingston Farmers’ Market during this time. Find out more below.
Bring your friends and family to the Kingston Farmers’ Market and buy your
fresh produce direct from the producer.
Date: First Saturday of the month (except January)
Time: 8am - 12:30pm
Location: Sir William Fry Reserve, Nepean Highway, Highett
Entry by $2 donation. BYO bags. Smoke-free.
Sat 1 February
Sat 7 March
Sat 4 April
Sat 2 May
Sat 6 June
Sat 4 July
Sat 1 August
Sat 5 September
Sat 3 October
Sat 7 November
Sat 5 December
To be advised
8am - 12.30pm
Search for community groups
Kingston’s Farmers' Market is looking for community groups to get involved in running the monthly farmers' market on the first Saturday of the month, for three months.
By volunteering, your group could support the Rotary Club in running the market and take a share in the gold coin donations which visitors pay upon on entry.
There are two spaces available:
August September October 2020
November December and December Christmas Market 2020
To find out more about eligibility and register your group's interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
With the closure of restaurants, cafes, and a need to cook more at home, it is even more important to have farm-fresh produce direct from the grower and producer available to the local community.
There will a number of rules in place to adhere to social distancing restrictions:
- The market will be widely spread out to allow social distancing.
- Customers are requested to come to the market, shop and leave, with no social gathering.
- There will be no tables and chairs at the market, with limited takeaway food available, which is not to be consumed at the market.
- Stallholders have different set-up configurations. Previously, where multiple customers could enter a marquee, only one customer at a time will be allowed at this market.
- Fruit and vegetable stallholders with open displays have been requested not to allow customers to self-serve.
- All stallholders will have 1.5 metre distance markers outside their stalls, so please stand on the markers whilst being served or waiting to be served.
- Most stallholders accept debit and credit cards, so please use if possible. However, cash is still legal tender and will be accepted.
- There will be no sampling of food at the market.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for use at the market entrance.
- Hand washing facilities are available in the toilets at the reserve.