On-Call Tree Prunings Collection
City of Kingston's on-call tree prunings collection service is free and can be used more than once. To use this service, a booking needs to be made with Council prior to placing the items out on the nature strip.
Bookings close each week at 5.30pm on a Monday, with collections occurring the same week. All conditions are fully explained when you call and book the service. Residents are reminded to place tree prunings out on the nature strip after booking the collection.
Due to public holidays bookings made from 16 April 2019 - 29 April 2019 will be collected Wednesday 1 May 2019.
Book online or over the phone
To book a free collection, please click here or phone our Customer Service team on 1300 653 356.
On-call tree prunings collection conditions
- All material must be bundled and tied with string or twine (rope, wire, plastic or stockings are not acceptable)
- Tied bundles must not exceed 30cm in diameter
- Maximum of 20 tied bundles
- Total amount of branches should not exceed 2 cubic metres
- Branches must be no longer than 1.5 metres
- Tree stumps are not accepted
If you place material out for collection that does not meet these conditions it will not be collected. You will then need to rectify the problem and book a new collection.
Tree prunings that will not be collected
- Ivy, bamboo, creepers, yucca plants, palm trees, cordyline plants, rose bushes, grass cuttings, loose leaves or other soft or thorny plants
- Boxes or bags of green waste
- Wire or nail contaminated branches
- Timber stumps and roots
- Soil contaminated materials
Other options for disposing of excess garden waste
Council's kerbside garden waste collection service, which is collected fortnightly, can help with managing excess garden waste. You can find out more about the service and order a bin by visiting the Bins and Collections page.
Home composting is a great way to dispose of excess garden waste whilst creating a resource that can go back on to your garden. Free worm farming and composting workshops are available throughout the year for Kingston residents, for more information or to register your interest please visit the Waste Education page
Free Christmas tree collection
We offer a free Christmas tree collection service for residents in January. To book this in, please call 1300 653 356.
Weekly bookings are available. Bookings received by 5.30pm on a Monday will have collection arranged for the same week.