As part of Council's commitment to improve its open spaces, we are developing a Master Plan for Bonbeach Sports Reserve to help guide the long-term planning for the site.
What is a Master Plan?
The overall aim of the Master Plan is to develop a strategic direction and vision for the reserve which will consider specific matters raised by the community and sports clubs, including:
- Reuse of the Council depot and Chelsea SES sites
- Overhitting relating to cricket usage
- Improved facilities that encourage active recreation (non sporting), particularly facilities for young people
- Upgraded sporting facilities such as cricket nets, fencing and pavilions
- Improvements to the sports field surface – Oval 5 and surrounds.
Process and timing
We’re currently in the early stages of the project and are beginning to have conversations with community clubs that use the site.
In early 2021 Council will be seeking community input to ensure the park continues to meet the needs of the community now and into the future.
As we progress with this project there will be opportunities for you to guide the development of the Master Plan.
You can join our mailing list, to be kept up-to-date with the project’s progress and be the first to know when community consultation opens.