Work for the City of Kingston
Visit our jobs portal to view current vacancies, apply for a position, or to register your interest in working at the City of Kingston.
Please note: All first-time applicants will be required to create an account in Kingston Council's job portal 'myCONNECT' to apply for a position. For instructions on how to do this, view the 'How to apply for a position' section below.
How to apply for a position
1. Searching for a job
- All our job listings can be found here myconnect.kingston.vic.gov.au/jobs
- Once you have found a job of interest, click on the 'Apply' button on top of Vacancy Details page for that role.
2. Login to myCONNECT
- You will be prompted to login to 'myCONNECT'.
- If this is the first time you have applied for a role at Kingston Council, you will need to create an account in order to submit your job application.
- We recommend you use the the Google Chrome browser when you use our jobs portal.
3. Creating an account
- In the first window, you will be shown our Privacy Statement. Once you have read through the conditions, accept it, and click the 'Continue' button.
- To create an account, fill in your details in the form (e.g. email address, password, personal information), then click the 'Continue' button.
- A 'Sign up successful' message should appear on the screen to notify you that a confirmation email has been sent to your registered email.
- Go to your email to locate this confirmation email sent from 'myCONNECT', click on the link to validate your email address. This will complete your registration process, click the 'Continue' link to proceed. (Note: if the hyperlink doesn't work, try copying and pasting the link directly into Google Chrome browser)
4. Completing your job application
- You will be prompted to provide information or documents to support your job application
- Your application is in 'draft' state. You will have the ability to move back and forward to review the information.
- You don't need to complete the application all at once, you have the ability to 'save' and login again to complete it.
- Once you have finished your application, click the 'Submit' button.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register to apply for a job?
Click on ‘Sign in’ on the Vacancy listing. At the bottom of the page, there is a button that allows you to enter your basic details (name & email address) to register.
I am receiving an error message “This Email has already been registered"
This means you have previously registered using this email. You won't need to go through the whole registration process again. Simply close the 'error message', and click the 'Forgot password' link to reset your password. An email will be sent with the instructions on how to reset your password. Once you have completed this, you will be able to login to myCONNECT.
I did not receive my confirmation email or verification code
Please check your junk mail and wait for at least 1 hour. If you still have not received a confirmation email contact Cathey McGarry on 9581 4563.
When I try to sign in, I receive a request for a confirmation code
You will receive this message if you try to sign in without validating your email. To validate your email, go to your email inbox and locate the confirmation email from email@example.com. Open the email and click on the link to validate your email. You will be able to login to myConnect and proceed with your job application.
Do I receive any notification when I lodge my application?
Yes, you will receive am email confirming that your application has been lodged successfully.
Learn more about working at the City of Kingston or find out more about our recruitment and selection process.
Local career opportunities
With more than 66,500 jobs in Kingston – including a thriving manufacturing hub, bustling retail areas and plenty of corporate offices – there are many opportunities to build your career right here. Visit kingstonjobs.com.au to get started.