Meet Binston, your new bin buddy!
Download our waste and recycling app and:
- Receive a notification the night before your bin day
- Know which bins to put out
- Check what items go in which bin
- Download your 12 month bin calendar
- Explore the waste services available to you
- Remove hyphens and apostrophes when entering your address
- Try the abbreviated version of street (ST) if the extended version of your address does not work
- If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Care team on 1300 653 356 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I set up push notifications?
When you open the app for the first time you will be asked if you want to allow notifications.
How do I add my address?
When you first download the app, tap ADD LOCATION to add your first property (you can add more later if you want). As you type your address, a list of addresses will come up. On the next screen you can fine tune the address and give it a name, like 'Home'.
The app works for addresses in the City of Kingston only.
Why can't I find my address?
The app works for addresses in the City of Kingston only. The search function of the app uses Google Maps to find your address. Some addresses won't show up, for example new builds or remote properties.
If this happens for you, try searching just your street name, then adding the street number in manually on the next page. Remove hyphens and apostrophes or use the abbreviated version of street (ST) if the extended version of your address does not work.
Can I add more than one address?
Yes! Tap your property name at the top and select 'Add Location'. Or tap the three horizontal lines at the top left to open a menu where you'll see another place you can 'Add Location'.
How do I download the 12-month calendar?
You can download a 12 month calendar from the 'Services' section of the app.
How do I search for waste materials?
Use the search bar to type in 'magazines' (for example), and you'll see it goes in the yellow-lid recycling bin. You can also tap on the item to see more information.
Tap one of the bin colours at the top to see what goes in that bin. It acts like a filter, so if you select the recycling bin, then type 'lid' it will show you what lids can go in the recycling bin.