Gerry Green Reserve
The Gerry Green Reserve officially took its name in 1972 after the Mayor of Mordialloc at the time, who was highly involved in local sporting clubs and community groups.
Prior to this, the area was called the Parkdale Recreation Reserve, which had its beginnings when members of the local football side helped clear scrub land to create an oval in the early 1920s.
The oval was officially opened in October 1925 by the then mayor Cr. James Blanche, who also happened to be captain of the cricket team, so after the formalities, ran on to bowl the first ball on the ground.
Across its long history, the reserve has been a focal point for the community hosting cricket, football, cycling, and also annual fundraising events, gymkhana days, and the Parkdale Gift running races.
The Parkdale Tennis Club has been in the reserve since 1955, with six en-tous-cas and three synthetic grass courts, with bar and clubroom facilities.
A recent transformation of the Cliff Sambell Pavilion was completed in 2018, with the 50-year-old pavilion and surrounding site updated to provide new sporting amenities, upgrades to female and male change rooms, gym, a larger social area, function space and additional cool rooms.
In addition to the sporting facilities, there is a large landscaped playground, with many wooden structures offering slides, climbing wall, tunnel, ladder and pole as well as a big sand pit with diggers, swings, see saw and a horse springer.
There is a shelter with tables and BBQs, additional picnic tables and seating, a drinking fountain with free parking available around the complex.
16 Keith Street, Parkdale 3195 View Map