All Kingston residents can enjoy free parking at our beaches if their vehicle has a current beach parking permit.
Please note that permits are valid for cars and motorcycles only and cannot be used on boats, trailers or caravans.
Where you can use your permit
Permits are valid in the following foreshore carparks only and time restrictions still apply:
- Aspendale – Gnotuk Avenue
- Bonbeach – Williams Grove
- Carrum – Stephens Street, Old Post Office Lane
- Chelsea – Kelvin Grove (also known as Douglas Lane)
- Chelsea – The Beach Way, Victory Park (The Strand)
- Mentone – Antibes Street, Dixon Street, Mundy Street, Naples Road
- Mordialloc – Horse Paddock (Bay Street), Peter Scullin Reserve, Pier Road
- Parkdale – Rennison Street
Permits are not valid in the Governor Road (Chute Street) carpark in Mordialloc.
New beach parking permits are issued every three years and posted with your rates notice if you are an existing ratepayer. If you have elected to receive your rates notices electronically, you will receive your permit separately by post.
Permits are valid for three years, with current ones expiring on 30 September 2025.
Replacement permits and permits for tenants
If you rent in Kingston or if you are a ratepayer who did not receive a permit, please follow the directions below to apply.