Under section 22 of the FOI Act and the Freedom of Information (Access Charges) Regulations 2014, access charges are applicable to FOI requests.
The application fee and access charges increase annually on 1 July.
A summary of the charges is as follows:
||1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023
|Search time (per hour or part thereof)
$22.90 per hour
|Supervision for inspection of documents (per hour: calculated per quarter hour or part thereof)
||$22.90 per hour
Up to 15 minutes: $5.70
15 to 30 minutes: $11.50
|Photocopying (black and white A4)
|Photocopying (other formats)
||Reasonable costs incurred by the agency
- No charges apply to requests for the correction or amendment of your own personal information.
- Under section 22(4) of the FOI Act, if it is estimated that the charges will be between $50.00 and $100.00, a deposit of $25.00 is required before the request is further processed.
- If the calculated amount will exceed $100.00, the required deposit amount is 50% of the estimated charge.
- Documents are not provided until the applicable charges are paid.
*Application Fee Waivers
The application fee may be waived if payment would cause you hardship. Council requires evidence of hardship to waive the fee.
Examples of suitable evidence include:
- a copy of the applicant’s valid Health Care card, or
- A Pensioner Concession card.