Becoming a member of Kingston Libraries is easy and can be done online.
If you join online, you will be issued a temporary, 3 month membership giving you immediate access to our online resources. You can use the details of your temporary membership to sign into the Kingston Libraries mobile app.
- To continue using Kingston Libraries' services after your temporary 3 month membership is up, you will need to visit one of our library branches with ID showing your name and current address*
- You do not need to replace the membership number you received online unless you would like a physical card.
*If your membership expires, please call Kingston Libraries on 1300 135 668 or email email@example.com to speak to one of our library staff. Visits to the library are by phone appointment only.
If you are under 18, a parent or legal guardian will need to sign for the card on your behalf to borrow from the library. This person is the guarantor on the card and will be asked to present ID showing their current address**. If you are 16 or 17, you can sign yourself up for an Internet only library card that also gives you access to our online resources.
**Please call Kingston Libraries on 1300 135 668 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to one of our library staff. Visits to the library are by phone appointment only.
Kingston Libraries Mobile App
You can use your library card on your phone or tablet by downloading the Kingston Libraries app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Key benefits of the Kingston Libraries app include:
- Storing your library card in the Kingston Libraries app so you no longer need a physical card
- Easier tracking and management of your loans, including renewals and holds
- Access to browse and place holds in the library catalogue
- Borrowing, accessing, and managing eBook and eAudiobook loans from within the app
- Linking other family member cards, such as children, to your app to keep better track of all loans in the household.
If you need assistance setting up the Kingston Libraries app on your device, or would like to learn more about it, please contact the library by either calling 1300 135 668 or email email@example.com to speak to one of our friendly library staff.
Digital cards stored in the Kingston Libraries mobile app can be used with all our services.
Membership and Borrowing
To learn more about membership with Kingston Libraries, please visit the following pages:
- My Library - Learn about searching for items, borrowing conditions, renewals, returns, and more
- eLibrary - Explore Kingston Libraries online collections. Access a range of eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines, movies, online courses, and more no matter where you are
- Internet Access, Computer Bookings & Printing - Find out about Internet and computer access within Kingston Libraries, including Wi-Fi, printing, and scanning services available
- FAQ - Read through our frequently asked questions.
Have any questions that haven't been answered above? Please fill out our Ask a Librarian form to receive a dedicated response from one of our librarians, or call us on 1300 135 668.