Flipster is a next-generation digital magazine solution that makes it easy for you to read your favorite magazines on your computer or mobile device via your local library website.
The Kingston Library collection has access to Choice and Choice Computer magazines.
Getting Started with Flipster
How to Access Flipster
- Visit our Flipster Library Collection
- If you're outside the library, enter in your borrower number and pin
- Select the magazine title you wish to read to access the current issue
How to View Previous Magazine Issues
To access previous issues of a magazine title, you first need to open up the current issue by following the instructions above. Once the title has finished loading:
- Click on the "All Issues" button below the magazine logo to the top right of the screen
- Browse previous issues under the "More Issues" heading and click to select the one that interests you
- Click the "View" button beside the large thumbnail that appears of the issue you selected to start loading the magazine
Flipster has been tested and confirmed to work using the following desktop browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8+
- FireFox 28+
- Safari 5.1+
- Google Chrome 33+
- If you are using an older browser, Flipster may function properly, but your results may vary
- The recommended screen resolution is 1024 x 768
- Internet Explorer 8 users should turn off Compatibility View by clicking the button next to the web address bar in their browser. Compatibility View may cause some areas of EBSCO interfaces to not display correctly
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0 or later is required to use Text-To-Speech on interfaces in which it is available
While Flipster should be accessible using most mobile operating systems, the following operating systems have been tested and confirmed to be supported by Flipster:
- iOS - Versions 5 and higher
- Android - Latest Version
If you are using a different mobile operating system, your Flipster experience may vary.
Need More Help?
Speak to the library staff or have a read of the Flipster Quick Start Guide, App Info Sheets, and FAQs:
Flipster Quick Start Guide (179KB)
Flipster iOS App for iPad & iPad mini (207KB)
Flipster Android App (204KB)
Flipster FAQs (228KB)