Kingston Libraries open by appointment only
or Click & Collect your books during opening hours
Please phone 1300 135 668 to make an appointment.
Following recent Victorian Government announcements, we're happy to announce that Kingston Libraries have started to reopen for visits by phone appointment only. A free Click & Collect service is also available. We are not able to accommodate drop-ins at this stage.
To make an appointment, check our opening hours and phone our friendly team on 1300 135 668.
Please note: to ensure the safety of our community and employees, services will resume gradually in a safe, compliant and managed approach.
What can you expect?
- Open by appointment only - you will have a designated booking time
- Click & Collect service available
- Adjusted hours at some libraries
- Return chutes are open at all branches
- Highett and Moorabbin libraries remain closed
Due to the smaller size and limited ability to safely manage compliance around social distancing requirements, Highett and Moorabbin libraries are proposed to remain closed until at least late June/early July.
Your safety is our number one priority. As such, operations within the library will be modified and regularly reviewed to comply with State Government health requirements.
Modified service delivery
Libraries open by appointment only
Book your appointment by phoning our team on 1300 135 668.
We request that couples and families limit bookings to one person where possible.
Appointments are for a maximum of 45 minutes and start on the hour.
Please be on time for your booking, there can be no extensions on appointments.
Book to browse the library or to use a computer.
Please advise at the time of booking so we can cater to your needs.
If you are unwell on the day of your appointment, do not attend.
Please phone us to cancel your session.
Please stay at home if you:
- Are feeling unwell
- Have recently returned from travelling overseas
- Have recently been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
A thorough cleaning will take place at the end of every 45 minute session to prepare libraries for the next set of bookings.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at all entrances, exits, and the end of book rows
- No food or drink will be permitted in the library
- Only cards will be accepted for payments, no cash.
We understand that these measures may appear strict, but they are essential to comply with State Government health requirements, ensuring the safety of everyone in the community and preventing the spread of COVID-19.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding and look forward to seeing you.