We're happy to announce that Kingston Libraries will start to reopen progressively from Monday 9 November.
To meet our COVID Safe Plan, it won't be business as usual just yet. We need to make a few changes to our service delivery to accommodate current physical distancing and gathering limits, and to ensure safe hygiene practices.
What can you expect?
Starting Monday 9 November:
- Chelsea, Cheltenham, Clarinda and Parkdale Libraries will reopen with our summer hours
- Visits to libraries will need to be pre-booked by phone appointment only (bookings open Wednesday 4 November)
- Dingley Village, Highett, Moorabbin, Patterson Lakes, and Westall libraries remain closed.
From Monday 30 November:
- Dingley Village and Patterson Lakes Libraries will reopen. Hours will be announced closer to the date
- Visits to libraries will need to be pre-booked by phone appointment only
- Highett, Moorabbin, and Westall libraries remain closed.
All open branches will offer Click & Collect, computer sessions, photocopier/print service and Home Library Service.
Our return chutes will also be open at all 9 library branches 24/7.
Your safety is our number one priority. As such, operations within the library will be modified and regularly reviewed to comply with State Goverment health requirements.
Modified Service Delivery
Library visits by phone appointment only.
Book your appointment by phoning our team on 1300 135 668.
We request that couples and families limit bookings to one person where possible.
Appointments are for a maximum of 45 minutes and start on the hour.
Please be on time for your booking, there can be no extensions on appointments.
Book to browse the library or to use a computer.
Please advise at the time of booking so we can cater to your needs.
If you are unwell on the day of your appointment, do not attend.
Please phone us to cancel your session.
A thorough cleaning will take place at the end of every 45 minute session to prepare libraries for the next set of bookings.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at all entrances, exits, and the end of book rows
- No food or drink will be permitted in the library
- Only cards will be accepted for payments, no cash.
We understand that these measures may appear strict, but they are essential to comply with State Government health requirements, ensuring the safety of everyone in the community and preventing the spread of COVID-19.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding and look forward to seeing you.