There are Internet-connected Windows PCs available for the use of our patrons at every library branch.
Conditions of use
Each library member can book a computer for a one 1 hour session each day for Internet access, email and word processing. If you require an additional hour, please advise library staff on site at the beginning of your session.
Bookings can be made up to a week ahead, but only 1 session at a time. This service is free, but charges apply for printing.
If you're under 16 you will need permission from your parent or guardian to use the computers.
All computer users must abide by Australian Copyright law.
Booking a Computer Session
Bookings can also be made in person at one of our branches or by calling 1300 135 668.
Wireless access is available at all branches. You do not need library membership to use the service.
To connect, look for Kingston City Council Guest WiFi, read the through terms and conditions that appear then click/tap the button to "Accept and Continue to the Internet".
Operating system and software:
- Windows 10
- ClearOS Internet Filtering
- Microsoft Office Standard 2019: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Adobe Reader DC
- Z-Suite (available at Parkdale and Westall libraries)
- Sound - Patrons must provide their own headphones.
- USB devices can be used at all branches.
Printing and Scanning
- Black and white A4 printing available at all branches. See table below for charges.
- Black and white A3 printing is available at Chelsea, Cheltenham, Clarinda, Parkdale, and Westall libraries. See table below for charges.
- Colour printing is available at Chelsea, Cheltenham, Clarinda, Parkdale, and Westall libraries. See table below for charges.
- Print from home or from your own device in the library using this link: pharos.kingston.vic.gov.au/myprintcenter
- 3D Printing is available at Parkdale and Westall libraries. Charges and conditions of use apply.
- Scanning is a free service available at Chelsea, Cheltenham, Clarinda, Parkdale, and Westall libraries. Documents can be scanned to a USB device. Patrons who do not have their own USB device can purchase one from the library for $6.
PRINTING & PHOTOCOPYING A4 A3
Black & White 20 cents 40 cents
Colour $1.00 $2.00
Charges are per single-sided page.