Lighting up Kingston
- Project typeSports infrastructure
- Project value$4.7 million
- Project scheduleComplete
We’re upgrading the lighting with 10 sports lighting projects at ovals, greens and sports grounds across Kingston.
As part of Council's commitment to improving our sporting grounds and community recreation facilities, 10 lighting projects are underway in Kingston which will provide additional access to our facilities and encourage broader and safer local participation in sport and recreation activities.
Ovals, greens and sports grounds across Kingston will light up thanks to a funding boost from the Victorian Government.
Council has been awarded $2.5 million through the Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program to help fund 10 sports lighting projects over two years across the city.
The funding contribution has enabled Kingston Council to move forward with 10 important sports infrastructure projects for the community estimated at around $4.7 million.
The projects cover a range of sports and recreation activities, including football (AFL), soccer, tennis, lawn bowls, hockey, dog obedience and baseball.
The funding will contribute to the following projects:
Please note: You can click on each of the project locations below to view the sports lighting plans for the site.
- Kingston Heath Hockey Pitch, Cheltenham(PDF, 468KB)
- Bonbeach Reserve Sports Oval 1(PDF, 684KB)
- Bonbeach Reserve Sports Oval 2(PDF, 378KB)
- Parkdale Bowls Club(PDF, 1MB)
- Clarinda Tennis Club, Clayton South(PDF, 281KB)
- Edithvale Reserve Baseball Field(PDF, 992KB)
- GR Bricker Reserve Oval, Moorabbin(PDF, 284KB)
- Highett Reserve Oval 3(PDF, 246KB)
- Keeley Park Reserve Oval, Clayton South(PDF, 589KB)
- Doug Denyer Reserve Oval and Soccer Pitch, Mordialloc(PDF, 2MB)
- Heatherton Reserve Oval(PDF, 1007KB)
Council is looking forward to working with the community and sporting clubs to implement these important sports lighting projects.
For any enquiries regarding the project, please contact Council on 1300 653 356.
Ross St, Heatherton 3202 View Map