Family Support Services provide a free and confidential service committed to providing support, information and referrals to families. Family Support Service staff work with families to achieve specific goals as identified by families.
We recognise that from time to time everyone has difficulties and may need additional support. Sometimes, these difficulties can be addressed within the family. Sometimes, you can turn to extended family, friends or colleagues for help. There may be times when you may benefit from talking with someone who is outside of the situation, and who can provide some professional assistance.
- Supporting family relationships
- Routine management in the home
- Promotion of self esteem & confidence
- Social skills development & support
- Parenting Support Groups; Provide the opportunity to socialise with other parents and carers in the local area, meet with family services staff and participate in regular informative and recreational activities.
- Positive Parenting Service; Sessions are run throughout the year with a focus on promoting child development and supporting parents/carers to increase their knowledge and understanding around parenting issues.
- Information and referral; Family support workers are able to assist in providing information and/or referrals that may be required by families.
- Case Management; Family support services are available to families with children aged 0-18 years, dependent on place of residence.