Skip to Main Content

Useful Forms, Apply Online and Links

This page provides a list of useful forms and links for each aspect of Planning, Subdivision and Vegetation Removal application processes.

Planning Application Forms

Council's City development department has recently become paper independent, as part of this process, you now have the ability to lodge and pay for your Planning Application on-line. Please note, to avoid delays in the processing of your planning application when using the online service, please ensure that all relevant documentation is uploaded with your application.

Planning Applications

Single Dwelling

  Use this application type for the construction of a single dwelling per lot ONLY, or alterations and additions to an existing   dwelling where ONLY one dwelling per lot exists.


Residential and Commercial Development

  Use this application type for:

  • Residential Development (Construction of two or more dwellings);
  • Commercial Development;
  • Signage;
  • Sports & Recreation;
  • Retail;
  • Food and Drink Premises;
  • Any other development type permit


Change of use only

  Use this application type to apply where a Planning Permit is required for the proposed use of the site.


Vicsmart (including Secondary Dwelling Pilot Program)

  Use this to apply for Vicsmart Applications only.

  For Secondary Dwelling pilot program applications please use the Assessment Pathway tool found here to make sure you meet the criteria before submitting.


Section 72 Amendment

  Use this to apply for a Section 72 Amendment. Examples include to change what the permit allows, apply for a new planning permission, change a condition or seek changes to the approved plans. Please call Council if you’re unsure on 9581 4131.


Secondary Consent ($582 or Retrospective $742)

  Apply to amend plan(s) only, that have been already endorsed


Amend a current application via Section 50 or 57A

  Amend a current application under Section 50 and 57A of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.


Submit plans for Endorsement

  Submit plans for endorsement as per the conditions issued in the Planning Permit.


Extension of Time ($200)

  Apply to extend a planning permit.


Paper based applications

Application to End or Amend a S173 Agreement

Pre-application information request


Request for Copy of Title ($60.00)


Request for Written Planning Advice ($138.00)


Application for Copies of Planning Permit and Endorsed Plans ($138.00)


Other planning resources

Planning Fee Schedule

City Development Fee Schedule

Payment Form

Metropolitan Planning Levy (Where cost of development exceeds $1000,000

Planning Information and Fact Sheets

The Planning Process Fact Sheet

Building or extending one or more dwelling

Change of Use Application - Fact Sheet

Liquor License Information

A guide to advertising signs

A guide to Commercial and Industrial Planning Applications

 A guide to subdividing your land

Pre-Application Meetings Fact Sheet

"STAR" Application Process

VicSmart Application Guide

Special Building Overlay and Land Subject to Inundation Overlay Information Sheet

Commercial / Industrial Development FAQ

Designing Contextual Housing Guidelines

Car Parking Guide

Satellite Dish Information

Changing an Existing Planning Permit

Planning Consultation Meetings

Arboricultural Reporting Guidelines fro Planning and Developments

Street Numbering

3D Modelling Guidelines

Out Of Hours Work Request

Activity Centre Streetscape Suite

Advertising Forms

Responding To Planning Applications - Fact Sheet

Objection to the Grant of a Planning Permit

Neighbourhood Character Guidelines

Introduction to Neighbourhood Character Guidelines

Neighbourhood Character Area Overall Map

Neighbourhood Character Guideline - Part 1

Neighbourhood Character Guidelines - Part 2

Neighbourhood Character Guidelines - Part 3

Neighbourhood Character Design Response Form

Vegetation Forms

Application for Tree Removal or Pruning ($102 per tree - Concession Exempt)

Pre-Development - Application for Tree Inspection Report on Private Property
($255 for sites up to 800m2 - $360 for sites over 800m2)

 Tree Removal Fact Sheet

Arboricultural Reporting Guidelines for Planning and Developments 

Drainage & Civil Approval Matters

Legal Point of Discharge Information ($144.70)


Application for Drainage / Civil Approval (Where a Planning Permit has been issued)


 Stormwater In-Lieu Developer Contribution Quote


Planning Links

The following links have been provided to assist you with the Planning Application process. 

Please note that the links provided below will direct you to an external websites which are not related to the City of Kingston.

Kingston Planning Scheme

The Kingston Planning Scheme is the legislative framework which is used to assess all developments within the City of Kingston. To access an on-line version visit Kingston Planning Scheme.

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning

The Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure (DTPLI), provide a wide range of information in relation to Planning Permit processes, and the requirements for obtaining a Planning Permit. In addition to this you will be able to access all Planning Schemes, Zoning Information, and information on legislation and regulations.  Access the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.

Land Victoria

The Land Victoria website provides a range of services, and will allow you to purchase a variety of property reports, and / or title details that are required in most cases to be submitted with your Application for Planning Permit. To order a property report or Certificate of Title and / or related documents, please visit Landata.

Alternatively for a fee of $60, Council's City Development department can obtain a copy of Certificate of Title on your behalf. Please view the Certificate of Title page for further information.

Melbourne Water

If your site is affected by a flood overlay you may need to obtain flood level information and development advice. Access Melbourne Water (Planning and Building Information).


The Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal hears and determines Planning and Environmental Disputes. For further information in relation to this process, visit the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).

Civil Disputes

From time to time issues arise that are outside of City of Kingston jurisdiction, and are considered a 'civil matter'. An example of such an issue is boundary fencing between neighbouring properties. When such disputes arise, the matter is usually referred to the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria. This is a free dispute resolution service funded by the Victorian Government.


The majority of Subdivision Applications submitted to Council are submitted and processed through an online planning system known as SPEAR. SPEAR allows applications to be compiled, lodged, managed, referred, approved and tracked online, any time.

Aboriginal Affairs Victoria

If your site is located in an area listed for Cultural Sensitivity by Aboriginal Affairs Victoria then you may be required to submit a Cultural Heritage Management Plan (CHMP) for more information in relation to the CHMP requirements, please visit Aboriginal Affairs Victoria.

Building Commission

For information in relation to building permit requirements, and / or regulations, please visit the Victorian Building Authority.

Alternatively, you can refer to the City of Kingston's Statutory Building web page.