Update Wednesday 20 May 2020
The Victorian Government’s recent announcement regarding the easing of COVID-19 restrictions means that outdoor training and group training sessions can resume in groups of up to 10 people. Please note: the use of Council’s sports grounds and open space must be in line with the state government’s COVID-19 regulations for sports and exercise.
If you are interested in running an outdoor training session we are here to help. Council is currently allowing personal / group fitness trainers to sign up for month-to-month use, even if you’re currently not registered with the City of Kingston. Signing up is free and easy.
Register for our online booking system (IMS) by creating an account here
Activities and Restrictions:
As advised by the Victorian Government a maximum of 10 persons per group training session is allowable with a minimum social distance space of 1.5m.
Group Fitness/training sessions cannot interfere with any sporting club seasonal training activity on sports grounds.
The following activities are permitted, subject to approval and licence agreement with Council:
- Gym sessions
- Boxing and pad training
- Organised aerobic activity
- Running groups
- Circuit training
- A combination of any of the above
Please note: the use of equipment (light hand weights, skipping ropes mats etc) must be in line with the state government’s COVID-19 regulations for sports and exercise.
The following activities are NOT permitted:
- No setting up of gymnasium type equipment (e.g. weight benches, weight stacks, stationary bikes, punching/ boxing bags, treadmills, steppers etc.)
- Organised ball sports (example soccer, rugby, football)
- Use of amplified music or voice equipment
- The offering for sale of clothing, merchandise, equipment, refreshments, goods, services or products.
If you have any other questions please feel free to contact Sport & Recreation on 9581 4608 or email Sport Recreation Sport.Recreation@kingston.vic.gov.au