Celebrating our local parks
Council manages 367 parks, 75 playing fields and 114 playgrounds throughout Kingston, which cover a total area of 616 hectares (the size of 308 MCG's).
Kingston is also home to significant areas of natural grassland and bushland reserves, a variety of wetlands and a stunning 13 kilometres of coastline along Port Phillip, which is Crown Land, maintained by the City of Kingston.
Our playgrounds cater to children of all ages and abilities, our open spaces provide facilities for older community members to stay active, such as free outdoor exercise equipment. Our open spaces are also home to recreational clubs, community groups and feature evidence of our city’s history, with relics from our past.
Council’s parks also provide welcoming spaces for affordable community get-togethers, with a variety of undercover seating areas, barbecues and toilet facilities available for everyone to use.
Win 1 of 10 double passes to Kingston Active
We want to hear, and see, more from you - so join us in celebrating our local parks and open spaces by letting us know about your favourite place to unwind - or get active - in Kingston.
This August, submit any photos you’re happy to share, and up to 50-words describing your favourite park in Kingston, and you’ll go in the running to win 10 double passes to Kingston Active, where you can swim, workout or relax in the sauna, to your heart’s delight. Entries close 5pm Saturday 31 August.
We’ll be posting all eligible entries to a gallery on Council’s Facebook page at the start of September and will give the community a chance to choose their winner.
I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the competition. * (required)
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to all ordinary Australian persons who reside in Australia (“Eligible Entrants”). Entrants under 18 years of age must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this competition.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating outlets and the agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent.
- Competition commences on 1 August 2019 at 9am AEDT and closes 31 August 2019 at 5pm AEDT (the “Competition Period”).
- The competition is free to enter (i.e. no payment is required).
- A total of ten double passes to Kingston Active will be given away to the winner of this competition.
- To enter this competition, Eligible Entrants must during the Competition Period:
- Submit photos of your favourite park
- Describe your favourite park in Kingston in 50 words or less.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to invalidate any entries (and entrants who submit or cause those entries to be submitted) which it reasonably suspects have been submitted: (a) using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information; (b) through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts; and/or (c) in any way in contravention of these Terms and Conditions.
- Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries, or those which contain offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time during, or after the closing date of the competition, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s competition database and NOT at the time of completion by the Eligible Entrant. Any cost associated with entering the competition is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility.
- The judging will take place by public vote on Kingston Council’s Facebook page in September 2019. Prize winner will be contacted through Facebook direct messaging. The winner’s names will be announced on Facebook. The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is a contest of skill, judged on criteria set by the Kingston Council and Kingston Council’s Facebook followers. Chance will not play a role in determining the Competition winner.
- The winners will each receive a double-pass to Kingston Active (Waves Leisure Centre and Don Tatnell Leisure Centre).
- The total prize pool is valued at $520.00.
- Ten (10) prizes will be awarded in total. There is a limit of one (1) prize per Eligible Entrant.
- The winner of the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the prize itself.
- If for any reason a winner does not take the prize or any part of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that part of the prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) To disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or (b) Subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winner provide proof of identity prior to awarding the prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. Prize winner may be required to sign any form required by the Promoter including without limitation a legal release and indemnity form or a declaration confirming their eligibility to accept the prize.
- In the event that a winner is unable to be contacted, and all methods of communication are unsuccessful, or a winner does not respond to the Promoter’s initial communications within three (3) months, a judgement for any unclaimed prizes may take place. The prize remains the property of the Promoter until claimed by the prize winner.
- Should an Eligible Entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition any changes are subject to State Regulations.
- Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using the Eligible Entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Prizes and participation in the competition are subject to any conditions imposed by the supplier or organiser of the prizes, as applicable.
- If due to any reason whatsoever the Promoter becomes aware after an Eligible Entrant has won the prize that the Eligible Entrant has not complied with these terms, that Eligible Entrant will have no entitlement to the prize, even if the Promoter has announced him/her as the winner and that Eligible Entrant will be required, at the direction of the Promoter, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of the prize.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this competition results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, Eligible Entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Each Eligible Entrant must ensure that any other person whose details have been provided by the Eligible Entrant to the Promoter for the purposes of the Eligible Entrant’s participation in this competition has given their implied or express consent for their details to be provided to the Promoter and any of its related companies and to be contacted by the Promoter or any of its related companies in relation to this competition.
- Eligible Entrants acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or any other social media platform whatsoever. Any information provided as part of the competition is provided to the Promoter and not to the relevant social media platform. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions of any relevant social media platform’s terms and conditions including but not limited to Facebook’s terms and conditions of use and related rules on www.facebook.com. Eligible Entrants completely release any relevant social media platform, including but not limited to Facebook, from any and all liability in connection with this competition.
- All entries and materials submitted to the Promoter in connection with this competition (in any form including without limitation in hard copy or electronic form) become and remain the property of the Promoter and each Eligible Entrant warrants it has the right to transfer these things to the Promoter. The Promoter may use such entries and materials and any intellectual property rights subsisting in them in any medium and in any manner it sees fit, including without limitation, by reproducing, modifying or adapting such entries and materials. The Promoter may collect Eligible Entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the Eligible Entrant may not participate in the promotion. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each Eligible Entrant also agrees that the Promoter, the Promoter's employees, related companies and agents, including but not limited to the Kingston Arts, may use this information, in any media for future promotional purposes, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Eligible Entrant, including sending the Eligible Entrant electronic messages and telephoning the Eligible Entrant.
- The competition is governed exclusively by the laws of Australia.
- The Promoter is Kingston Council (ABN 80 640 377 247), 1230 Nepean Highway Cheltenham, Victoria Australia 3192
View some popular Kingston spots in this gallery
Council manages the 616 hectares of Kingston’s open spaces and undergoes maintenance work so that they can be accessed by everyone.
This is included in the Council Budget, and includes tree maintenance, weeding, mowing, litter collection and repairs to faulty play equipment.
Within Kingston City’s boundaries, we are also home to a number of natural reserves and parklands, maintained by other authorities, including Parks Victoria and DELWP. These include the Edithvale Wetlands, Patterson River, Karkarook Park and Braeside Park.