The Kingston Woman of the Year Award celebrates the outstanding contribution that women in Kingston make to industry, community and society.
Nominees of this award will be women who are leaders in their field, who inspire others and make a difference to our community through their exceptional professional or personal achievements.
The Award will be presented at Kingston’s International Women’s Day ceremony hosted on Friday 6 March 2020.
Nominations for 2020 open 1 November 2019 across a range of categories:
- Courageous Commitment: This category is for women who are dedicated to making a difference to the health, wellbeing, safety and/or sustainability of our community through advocacy, campaigning, fundraising and/or thought-leadership.
- Excelling in Arts and Sport: This category is for women using their sporting and/or creative talents to represent, motivate and inspire our community.
- Inspiring Innovation: This category is for women who are leaders in Business, Economics, Politics and/or an Entrepreneur.
- Success in STEM: This category is for women who are excelling in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
In choosing the recipient of the Kingston Woman of the Year Award, nominees will be assessed according to the following assessment criteria:
- Significance and impact of contributions made;
- Demonstrated level of commitment to the betterment of the Kingston community;
- Degree of difficulty of the achievement and sacrifices made;
- Nature and length of activity or service;
- Future goals and likely impact on the Kingston community;
- Previous awards and recognition received;
- Demonstrated excellence in their field;
- Personal attributes of the nominee such as being an inspirational/positive role model for their peers, overcoming adversity, showing vision, leadership, innovation and creativity;
- Personal, academic and professional achievements; and/or
- Individuals must indicate whether their contribution was in the course of employment, voluntary or both.
To be eligible for the Kingston Woman of the Year Award, nominated individuals must:
- Be a woman or individual who identifies as female;
- Be aged 16 years and above;
- Live, work or study within the City of Kingston; and
- Have made an outstanding contribution to our community whose achievements positively influence the changing social, environmental or business landscape and make them leaders (or emerging leaders) in their field.
Nominate an inspiring woman for the 2020 award
Alternatively, you can download the nomination form.
Nominations close Sunday 12 January 2020.