Australia Day Award Nominations
- To be eligible for an Award, nominated individuals must be Australian citizens who either live, work or study within the City of Kingston.
- Nominees should have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year and/or given outstanding service to the local community over a number of years.
- Individuals cannot self nominate and can only be nominated in one category.
- Community groups must be not-for-profit organisations, operating with the City of Kingston and must consist of four members or more.
- Previous award winners are ineligible to win an award in the same category again.
In choosing the recipients of the City of Kingston Australia Day Awards, nominees are assessed with regard given to:
- significance and impact of contributions made
- demonstrated level of commitment to the betterment of the Kingston community
- degree of difficulty of the achievement and sacrifices made
- nature and length of activity or service
- future goals and likely impact on the Kingston community
- previous awards and recognition received
- demonstrated excellence in their field
- individuals: whether his or her contribution was in the course of employment, voluntary or both
- personal attributes of the nominee such as being an inspirational/positive role model for their peers, showing vision, leadership, innovation and creativity
- personal, academic and professional achievements
- community groups must demonstrate that they meet a community need or priority.
- Citizen of the Year
- Community Group of the Year.
Once nominations have closed, the selection panel will consider all eligible entries against the assessment criteria and select a winner in each of the four categories. The selection panel consists of the Mayor and fellow Councillors of the City of Kingston.
Award winners will be officially announced at the Australia Day Breakfast on 26 January 2019. Nominations close Monday 12 November 2018.
Privacy collection notice: The information requested on this form is being collected by Kingston City Council for the purpose of Australia Day Award nominations. Your personal information will not be disclosed to any other external party without your consent, unless required or authorised by law. If you wish to alter any of the personal information you have supplied to Kingston City Council, please contact Council via telephone 1300 653 356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer a printable version of the form, please click here
If you need assistance please contact email@example.com or 1300 653 356.