In 2013, Council funded a $175,000 facelift around the western side of Moorabbin Station, including:
- Moving the bus stop outside the Town Hall to directly in front of the railway station to better integrate it with connecting trains
- An expansion of the station forecourt, with a wider pavement and new timber deck that provides a social meeting space for the community
- A new well-lit pathway along the railway to South Road that has improved pedestrian safety and created an inviting environment with more than 2,000 new plants lining the path
- New pathways installed around a significant tree to improve its health. The tree is lit up at night by an artistic light box
- Improved bicycle facilities near the station
This project created an improved and safer pedestrian link between Kingston Arts Centre and Moorabbin station. The project will be completed by the future installation of CCTV cameras co-funded by Council and the State Government.