Environmental Upgrade Agreement Financing
A EUF is a financing agreement to improve the environmental performance of any commercial building.
The agreement is between the Sustainable Melbourne Fund, property owners and Council.
The financial institution advances funds to a property owner to undertake upgrade works. The property owner then makes repayments through their Council rates.
The benefit of Council involvement is that the loan is attached to the Council rates for the commercial property, and therefore has a high level of security. This security enables the financial institution to offer very attractive loan terms.
If you’re looking to upgrade your businesses environmental sustainability, there is now an opportunity for you to receive Environmental Upgrade Assistance funding, with the assistance of Kingston Council.
Environmental Upgrade Agreement Financing can be used to support a broad range of works to improve the environmental sustainability of Kingston businesses.
Eligible property owners can apply for up to 100% of project costs with repayments structured through Council’s rates on a quarterly basis. The minimum loan amount is $15,000.
Find out more or apply here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of projects are eligible?
- Installation of an approved solar photovoltaic (PV) system to any eligible premises.
- Installation of an approved solar hot water (HW) system to any eligible premises.
- Measures that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, save or generate energy.
- Lighting upgrades to more efficient lighting e.g. LED, lighting controls and daylight sensors.
- Heating, cooling and ventilation improvements.
- Efficient unit replacement e.g. pumps and variable speed control equipment.
- Electronic control equipment e.g. power control of motors, pumps, boilers and air heating/cooling systems.
- Rainwater harvesting and filtration systems.
- Waste water, grey/black water recycling/treatment for re-use of water.
- Toilet/urinal replacements for accredited and compliant efficient systems.
What are the benefits?
- Easy to manage repayments, included in Council’s quarterly rate payments
- Free up cash flow by locking in competitive long-term rates.
- Protect your business from rising energy prices
- Replace old and inefficient equipment with newer more efficient technologies.
- Reduce your company’s greenhouse gas emissions.
Find out about the eligibility criteria
To find out if your business is eligible for EUF, contact email@example.com