GR Bricker Reserve West Master Plan Implementation
Sport and Recreation
As part of Council's commitment to improving its open spaces and meet the growing need for improved sport and recreation spaces in the area, Council worked with the community to develop a master plan for GR Bricker Reserve. The master plan will guide future improvements at the reserve to meet the growing need for improved sporting and recreational spaces in the area.
You can view the Master Plan here.
You told us you needed:
- New and improved spaces that support health and wellbeing through participation in both structured and passive recreation
- Improved access to the site via pedestrian pathways that are safe and easy to navigate
- ‘Future proof’ the site by improving capacity for current and additional user groups
- Increased shade and community gathering spaces.
To address these needs, the Master Plan program includes:
- Design and construction of a new sports pavilion and upgraded storage shed
- Car parking
- Reserve pedestrian footpaths and lighting
- Fencing upgrades
- Cricket net relocation and renewal
- Play space and exercise equipment reconfiguration
- Drinking fountains
- Wayfinding signage
- Sports field lighting.
Timing of works
Car Park Upgrades
Our works will include improved and expanded car parking to meet the existing and ongoing needs of GR Bricker Reserve users.
They will proceed in two stages:
- Stage 1 will begin in late 2021 and includes an expanded one-way crushed rock carpark along Rowans Rd which has been designed around the existing site conditions and to minimise tree removals. A replacement tree planting program within the reserve, to offset those marked for removal, can be viewed here
- Stage 2 includes the formalisation of the existing car park following construction of the new pavilion.
View the car park plans.
Council has recently undertaken community consultation regarding the proposed concept plan for a new pavilion to be located on a similar footprint to the existing building. The pavilion will include facilities for the dog club and sports clubs that use the reserve, as well as community space. The existing storage shed adjoining the athletics track will also be replaced to meet the needs of the athletics club.
Council is now undertaking detailed design for the new pavilion, shed and formal car park, with works anticipated to commence in mid 2022.
We are also working through a number of other improvements for the reserve. These include:
- Improved pedestrian pathways
- Cricket net renewal
- Sports oval fence upgrade
- Installation of sports field lighting on the existing oval
GR Bricker Reserve Rowans Rd, Moorabbin 3189 View Map
Sport and Recreation
1300 653 356