Kingston supports a range of neighbourhood houses and community centers, that offer a range of opportunities for local community members that include learning, skill development, health & fitness and social connections.
These include adult education, childcare and playgroups, craft and activity groups, computer classes, literacy classes, zumba/dance and fitness classes, interest groups and much more.
Clarinda Community Centre is council-managed and offers facilities for the local community to meet, learn new skills, stay active, socialize and volunteer. Activities on offer cater for a broad range of age groups and interests, including; Playgroups, Seniors activities and Clubs, Art and Craft groups and Adult Education programs. The centre facilities are also available for hire for private and community events and functions.
Of the nine neighbourhood houses within Kingston, eight are managed by independent organisations, and one is managed by Council. Neighbourhood Houses deliver a range of accessible programs which are of interest to their local community.
- Patterson Lakes Community Centre 54-70 Thompson Rd, Patterson Lakes, 3197. Ph: 9772 8588
Activity Hubs offer spaces for community groups to meet and/or provide a range of activities and programs for the community. To find out how each one operates, please contact Council on the numbers listed below:
- Westall Community Hub 35 Fairbank Road, Clayton South 3169. Ph: 9581 3050
- Melaleuca Activity Hub 31 Melaleuca Drive, Clarinda, 3169. Ph: 8551 1200
- Chelsea Activity Hub 3-5 Showers Ave, Chelsea, 3196. Ph: 9773 9735
- Mentone Activity Hub 29 Venice Street, Mentone, 3194. Ph: Social Development Officer on 9581 4803
- Carrum Activity Hub 38 Valetta Street, Carrum, 3197. Ph: Social Development Officer on 9581 4803
If you would like further information please contact Council's Social Development Team on 9581 4803 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.