Kingston supports a range of neighbourhood houses and community centers, that offer a range of opportunities for local community members that include learning, skill development, health & fitness and social connections.
These include adult education, childcare and playgroups, craft and activity groups, computer classes, literacy classes, zumba/dance and fitness classes, interest groups and much more.
Clarinda Community Centre is council-managed and offers facilities for the local community to meet, learn new skills, stay active, socialize and volunteer. Activities on offer cater for a broad range of age groups and interests, including; Playgroups, Seniors activities and Clubs, Art and Craft groups and Adult Education programs. The centre facilities are also available for hire for private and community events and functions.
Neighbourhood Houses deliver a range of low cost, accessible education, skill development, recreation, interest and health programs which meet the needs of their local community.
Of the ten neighbourhood houses within Kingston, seven are managed by independent organisations and three are managed by Council. They are co-funded by the Department of Health and Human Services through the Neighbourhood House Coordination Program.
- Patterson Lakes Community Centre 54-70 Thompson Rd, Patterson Lakes, 3197. Ph: 9581 3040
- Westall Community Hub (at the Westall Primary School and Westall Secondary College site), 35 Fairbank Road, Clayton South 3169. Ph: 9581 3050
Activity Hubs offer spaces for community groups to meet and/or provide a range of activities and programs for the community. To find out how each one operates, please contact Council on the numbers listed below:
- Melaleuca Activity Hub 31 Melaleuca Drive, Clarinda, 3169. Ph: 8551 1200
- Chelsea Activity Hub 3-5 Showers Ave, Chelsea, 3196. Ph: 9773 9735
- Mentone Activity Hub 29 Venice Street, Mentone, 3194. Ph: 9773 9735
- Carrum Activity Hub 38 Valetta Street, Carrum, 3197. Ph: 9773 9735