George Woods Car Park upgrade and traffic improvements
George Woods Car Park and traffic improvements
Part of a $2.6 million project
Better Boating Victoria
Estimated Completion Date
Governor Road traffic improvements
In an effort to reduce congestion and improve safety on Governor Road, there are plans to move the entry point of the George Woods Carpark further away from Chute Street.
Other improvements planned for Governor Road will include the creation of a dedicated right turning lane, which aims to reduce congestion and assist drivers entering the car park.
This will improve the safety of the intersection by improving visibility and reduce pressure to turn quickly to reduce congestion.
The George Woods carpark is in urgent need of asset renewal. Work to redesign this carpark is currently underway
This work will be undertaken with the aim to:
- Slightly increase the size of the carpark, to allow for additional trailer/boat parking bays
- Reduce overflow parking on side streets
- Move the vehicle entry away from Chute Street, to reduce traffic congestion
- New queuing lane to improve internal car park flow
- Replace the ageing pavement which is in poor condition with a new asphalt pavement
- Improve pedestrian accessibility with new footpaths around the car park
- Provision of an accessible parking bay in front of the toilet block
- Planting of new trees and landscaping (refer landscaping plan in related information)
These works, which will be funded as part of the Victorian Government's $2.6 million commitment to improve boating in Mordialloc, are expected to commence in March 2022.
Further information on the project can be sought by emailing: BBV.Communications@ecodev.vic.gov.au or e-mail the City of Kingston at: Infrastructure.Projects@kingston.vic.gov.au
George Woods Carpark , Mordialloc 3195 View Map