Business and COVID-19
Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two Top-up Payment
The State Government has issued an update on the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two Top-up Payment:
- A further $2,000 top-up payment will be available to businesses in metropolitan Melbourne that are closed due to extended restrictions announced Wednesday 9 June 2021. This takes the total amount available to businesses in eligible sectors to $7,000.
- $40.7 million for a new round of the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund
- $20 million in targeted support for the events industry.
Kingston Council is focussing on practical ways to help local traders expand their outdoor dining options and still ensure they are COVID-safe.
Visit Outdoor dining for more information.
COVID-Safe information and resources
Business support resources
Support for businesses
Business Victoria also has all the latest information regarding restriction levels, along with a coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline 13 22 15. See other useful resources listed below:
City of Kingston COVID-19 community and business support package
Kingston Council has announced a $2.8 million assistance package for the community and businesses to help alleviate the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The package is designed to offer support to local businesses, community groups and vulnerable residents. The business components of the support package includes:
- Rate payments deferred until 30 June 2021 for business who apply under Council’s Hardship Policy. Apply online or download printable form.
- Refund of current Health and Food Premises registrations
- Refund of current Footpath Trading fees
- Commercial rents of Council buildings waived for 3 months (up to 6 months if State of Emergency remains in place).
- Family Day Care Educators Fee waived for 3 months (up to 6 months if State of Emergency remains in place).
All enquiries on this package can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 1300 653 356.
Kingston online business directory
Kingston Council has created an online business directory to help promote businesses to the local community to encourage support in these unprecedented times.
If you are a local business that's still operating in some way, in-line with government regulations, please fill out this form.
You can also contact the Business Directions team via email@example.com.
Victorian Small Business Commission Services
The Victorian Small Business Commission Services (VSBCS) offer low-cost dispute resolution services, including mediation, and champion the rights of small businesses.
If you're dealing with issues during COVID-19 and responding to difficulty in paying rent, VSBCS can assist.
Business Mentoring Available
If you need some advice, business mentoring is available. This is a free, confidential service from experienced business mentors to provide a 'sounding board' for local business owners.
Step 1: Fill in and submit the online application form
Step 2: The mentor coordinator will be in touch to arrange an emergency online mentoring session
Step 3: Follow up mentoring is available if required