St Kilda FC lodges new plans for Moorabbin Reserve redevelopment
19 July 2018
Plans for Stage 2 of the Moorabbin Reserve redevelopment have been lodged with Council for consideration.
St Kilda Football Club is seeking planning permission to proceed with Stage 2 of their new headquarters and community football hub.
The proposed Stage 2 includes:
- new AFLW change rooms, a treatment room, and expansion of existing administration facilities to accommodate women’s football league at Moorabbin Reserve, which will begin in January 2020.
- an eastern building extension for a second indoor sport court
- a western building extension along Linton Street for a new aquatic facility, including a 25-metre lap pool and a hydrotherapy pool. The facilities will support player training and recovery but when not used by the club will be made available to the community and school groups
- The oval will be retained in its current configuration with the addition of a new 1,000-seat grandstand on its western side, adjacent to Linton Street. At its southern extreme an enclosed space would provide additional storage.
- The existing car parking facilities will increased by 36 spaces plus an additional 48 spaces located between the proposed grandstand and Linton Street while 12 existing spaces next to the dog park would be removed to accommodate the additional indoor sports court.
The community is now invited to have their say on the proposal. Signs have been erected at the park, and residents in the surrounding area were notified by letter.
Council will consider all submissions before assessing the permit application.
Details: KP- 2018/523 https://www.kingston.vic.gov.au/Property-and-Development/Planning/Planning-Register