Month of fun with the annual Kingston Seniors Festival
22 September 2016
Kingston seniors will have a host of events and activities to choose from to celebrate the annual Kingston Seniors Festival.
Now in its ninth year, the Festival offers a month-long calendar of events and activities including physical activities, musical performances, computer training, art classes, ballroom dancing, fashion demonstrations, nature walks, art classes, musical performances and much more.
This year the theme of the Victorian Seniors Festival is ‘Celebrating Diversity’ and aims to honour the accomplishments and value of older people in our community.
Kingston Community Sustainability General Manager Mauro Bolin said there was something for everyone at this year’s festival with over 100 events planned to showcase the many fantastic groups on offer in our community.
“This is a great chance to try a new activity, develop a new hobby or make new connections in your local community,” Mr Bolin said.
The festival will kick off on Wednesday 5 October with a launch at the Mentone Activity Hub to showcase performances and displays from local community groups.
Activities on offer during the festival include:
- Barre Classes specially designed for seniors combining ballet, yoga and pilates at Kingston’s Leisure Centres
- nature Walk and a bike ride at Braeside Park
- financial workshops covering budgeting and money management
- pottery classes to make your own garden name tags for your plants
- learn how to download and borrow eBooks for free on your iPad or tablet
- take part in a free barefoot bowls, lunch and jazz performance at Mentone Bowling Club.
Find out more at kingston.vic.gov.au/seniorsfestival