Safer travel for seniors
27 January 2016
The City of Kingston is helping older people stay safe and independent as they travel.
A series of free road safety workshops are held throughout the year to help seniors remain safe and mobile for as long as possible.
Travel with Confidence
9.30am-1pm Thursday 11 February
Longbeach Place, 15 Chelsea Road, Chelsea.
Find out about transport options and support services available to help you remain mobile, travel safely and confidently and stay independent.
In a friendly small group setting learn about:
- pedestrian safety - being seen, choosing safe places to cross, knowing your limitations, sharing pathways, crossing railway lines, dedicated bike lanes, choosing safe routes to walk
- travelling on public transport
- community transport services
- using taxis and motorized mobility scooters.
10am-noon Thursday 11 February
Chelsea Heights Community Centre, 160 Thames Promenade Chelsea Heights
Come along to hear free professional advice from driving educators and occupational therapists.
Free refreshments are provided and no testing is involved.
Get all the facts on:
- safe driving strategies
- road rules
- vehicle safety
- health and mobility issues
- driver assessments
- using alternative transport
- planning your future mobility needs
- local council services.
The courses are free and open to all City of Kingston residents.
Bookings essential on 1300 653 356.